If you work for the Royal Fleet Auxiliary, you may be entitled to claim your UK tax back if you meet the following criteria;

  • In very basic terms have at least 183 qualifying days out of 365 (for the first year, although it is slightly more complicated than that as you also need to satsify the 'half day rule')
  • Achieve at least one foreign port with each employer in each separate tax year

If you think you may have a claim, please send us the following information with your completed enrolment forms;

  • Photocopy of your discharge book
  • Proof of a foreign port if not shown in your discharge book
  • Qualifying day certificates
  • Boarding cards if you left the UK earlier than the date shown in your discharge book, same for returning to the UK
  • Details of holidays/courses abroad, such as flight tickets, accommodation receipts, or any visa or credit card transaction slips
  • Your P60/P45