The National Insurance Rules for Seafarers are complicated. 

In very general terms if you work for a non UK employer on a non UK flagged vessel in non UK waters then you may be entitled to a refund of your Class 1 NI Contributions.

There are exceptions eg if the vessel is owned or managed by a UK company and you entered into the employment contract in the UK.

If you would like us to make a claim on your behalf, please let us have copies of the following:

  • P60
  • Discharge Book
  • Employment Contract